Abstract Review Criteria
Each abstract will be rated on the 8 criteria below.
Criteria 1 will be used to exclude abstracts that are not relevant to this conference.
Abstracts that meet criteria 1 will be rated on criteria 2-8 using the following rating scale:
Absent = 0, Poor = 1, Fair = 2, Good = 3, Very Good = 4, Excellent = 5
Criteria 2 and 3 will be weighted to have twice the value of criteria 4-8.
Abstracts with the highest total ratings will be selected for inclusion in the conference.
- Is the abstract relevant to a conference focused on modeling complex problems?
- Is the work original?
- Is the topic of scientific, methodological, or social importance?
- Is the question or issue clearly stated?
- Is the significance of the work clearly stated?
- Are the methods well-designed and appropriate to the question addressed?
- Are the conclusions or implications well-justified?
- Is the abstract written clearly and organized well?